Sunday, January 4, 2009

IPNO Arrival

I am thrilled that we finally arrived in New Orleans to work with the Innocence Project of New Orleans (IPNO)! I am looking forward to learning more about the cases we will be working on over next few weeks.  Monday, we are headed to Jackson, Mississippi to begin research on 4 cases. Hopefully we will find information that is valuable to IPNO. 

It is quite disheartening, however, to see that this great and unique city still has not recovered from the effects of Hurricane Katrina. It's three years later and to me, it looks like Katrina happened less than a year ago. This is just unacceptable! I have already learned so much about about the city and am sure I will come away from this trip with more experience and reinvigorated for the second semester. Work like this reminds me of why I am in law school!

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

I'm so glad you made all it there... and are inspired! I can't wait to hear more about your work and experiences. Keep it up, and tell the IPNO folks hi!
Later ya'll:)
-Bridgette